Nov 15 2014
Contract Terms for the Tentative Agreement
All Article and language not mentioned below will remain as is in the new Agreement.
Changes to the following Articles:
- Article 2 Definitions – Progressive Discipline has been defined to help employees and supervisors understand its purpose.
- Article 5 AFSCME Activities – The Union will be provided quarterly with a list of new employees that will include job title, department and mail point.
- Article 6 Grievance Procedure –
o Section 6.1 H; when pressed for time the Union now has until the STEP 1 Grievance meeting to obtain signature of the grievant.
o Section 6.3 C 10; Cost of arbitrators shall be divided equally.
- Article 7 Just Cause and Disciplinary Actions – New language that stresses supervisors must treat employees with respect even during reprimands.
- Article 8 Layoffs and Recalls – No layoffs of permanent employees until comparable nonpermanent employees in the same layoff unit are laid off first.
- Article 18 Learning Opportunities – The Union will be a member of the USF Committee exploring the possibility of tuition assistance for spouses and children
- Article 21 Wages –
o January 2, 2015 – 3% for all members hired on or before June 30, 2014 and with an current evaluation of Achieves or above
o 2016 – to be negotiated
o 2017 – to be negotiated
- Article 29 Worker’s Compensation – The Agreement recognizes USF Regulation 10.203 instead of Compensation Law F.S. 440.
Ratification vote to be held:
DATE: Friday, November 21, 2014
TIME: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm